Sunday, July 16, 2017

"Spread your wings and fly" by Tamara Buckler

Hello, happy scrappers!

I'm back again today to share with you my latest layout using the gorgeous D-lish Scrap goodies.

I started this page with this wood veneer frame in mind, and thought it would be perfect for this photo of my daughter. There was a lot going on around her in this pic, and I really wanted to highlight the pure joy on her face as the butterfly landed on her finger.  


I drew the colour scheme from the gorgeous D-lish flair, and kept the colour scheme fairly true to this, focussing on the peach tones, interspersed with black and white. I then actually found the next step quite in this layout quite difficult... how do you matt a round photo??? I came up with the idea of creating a very multi layered paper stack, and by mounting the frame to the right of this, I ended up with a fantastic space to build my main cluster of embellishments.


I have been itching for the right project to use these beautiful 'Little Birdie' watercolour blooms, and am so pleased at how beautiful these are on this page. I added in the flair I mentioned earlier, a resin heart and a mini rose to finish off the cluster. I added some more wood veneer elements around the main paper stack to balance things out, and used journal strip from the "Sunset Dreaming" kit bits.


To balance out the page I added a peach sequin bow (we all know I love these, right!), a journal spot and some more wood veneer on the bottom right hand corner. And to finish off the page, a generous splash of Heidi Swapp ColourShine!


Thanks for stopping by to check out my layout. Make sure you hop over to the shop to check it out, there's lots of new goodies in stock!

Big Loves,
Tam x



1 comment:

  1. Posting this comment on the blog because i love this layout so much! great design, awesome layering and just a gorgeous layout xx

    ReplyDelete