Wednesday, July 12, 2017

"Lovely" by Julianne McKenna

Hello fellow crafters! Today I am sharing my "Lovely" layout with you. What makes this layout special is that I dragged out very old products from my stash (Hambly transparencies) and my long neglected tools (border punches), and put them to good use. 


So who else has children that LOVE to take a thousand and one snapchat photos with filters on? I decided I might as well record this novelty and trend for my daughter, and she can share it with her children in 10-20 years. Well, at least she looks cute and ever so "Lovely!" as a puppy. 


Has anyone played with the new Distress Oxide inks from Tim Holtz? If not, I highly suggest them as they go on beautifully to chipboard and wood veneer. The colour is so beautiful, and a little kindy glitz gives it a gorgeous sparkle, without drowning out the colour. 


How do I get rid of old flowers in my stash? By teaming them with new D-Lish flowers and a few fussy cut flowers. The Wild Roses are my favourite for doing this, as they are the perfect size, and come in so many wonderful colours. 


Add a few sequins and rhinestones for sparkle and texture! 


And what do you do with matching bows? Why, layer them of course! I just love how these sequin bows are the exact perfect size to layer on top of the veneer bows. This is just so cute! And I should mention that those sequin bows come in lots and lots of gorgeous colours. 


Thank-you so much for stopping by and joining me today. It was a pleasure to be able to share my creation with you. 

Now don't forget to LIKE us on Facebook so that you can keep up with all the latest and greatest at D-Lish - everything from new products, our monthly Inspiration Sketch challenge, to our monthly cyber crops. 

And if you would like to view more of my work, please visit my blog: 

Cheers and happy crafting, 

Jules. xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment